Path for Success

ALTAZOR – Path for Success

1) Become part of Altazor with a minimum of a 3.00 GPA or attempting to earn a 3.00 GPA.

Have a one on one session with professor Claudio Duran for academic assessment.

Take a picture for the member Altazor Club web-page.

Write a brief paragraph describing your intended mayor and a bit of yourself.

2) Make an appointment with a counselor to build your academic goals.

All Merritt College counselors have knowledge of getting students to transfer is a key element in the process of transferring to a four year institution.

Visit your counselor each semester regarding transferring information and classes.

Your counselor will prepared you with eligibility requirements and important deadlines.

3) Attend mandatory meetings at room 214, every other week or as required.

Maintain contact with Professor Duran and other students.

Attend student cub workshops that will provide a general overview of programs.

Participate on student club events.

4) Participate in the following programs.

Transfers Agreement Guarantee (TAG):

Get an early admission notification to a UC except Cal and L.A

See counselor Tanya Ilarde.

Transfer Alliance Program (TAP):

Program is coordinated by Leilt Seblega – UC Berkeley TAP Coordinator

See Tanya Ilarde to sign in for TAP

Make an appointment to see Leilt Seblega at Merritt College (see Tanya)

Merritt College CEP Guidelines:

Phi Tetha Kappa Honor Society:

Concurrent Enrollment (CEP):

Concurrent enrollment gives student s an opportunity to take a course at a four-year college/university including UC Berkeley, Mills College, UCSU East Bay and Holy Names (one class per semester) for two semesters only.

Visit Tanya Ilarde for specific requirements.

Experience Berkeley Program (if planning to apply for UC Berkeley):

Experience Berkeley Program is a program that aims to increase and retain Black, Latino, and Native American transfer students at UC Berkeley. They provide students with UC application resources and tools necessary to apply and transfer to UC.

Add a comment